December 28, 2010

Scrap Project
_

As I started organizing and sorting my fabric, I ended up with a basket full of pieces that were too small for a project but too big to throw away. Not wanting them to go to waste, I decided to make a cutter quilt. So first, I cut them into little pieces . . .
_
Then, I sewed them together into a random pattern and ended up with this . . .
_
Then, I tea dyed it and started snipping it into pieces for my Valentine's Day projects . . .
_
I love turning nothing into something!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow, that was very creative, I can't even think about Valentines Day yet.
Can't wait to see what you make.
xoxo

Billies Primitives said...

I am going to have to try that, I have alot of scraps.. That would make cute doll dresses, coats, or aprons.. my mother -n- law, she makes some amazing quilts.. I have never tried to make one, but I think I will try this, just to have the quilt fabric, thanks Billie

cottageprims said...

Loved the idea,but I wouldn't have been able to cut it afterwards.LoL.I started crafting for valentines as well.Hope you enjoyed your holidays.Warm Blessings!~Amy

WoolenSails said...

I thought you were putting hearts on the finished piece, lol.
Love sewing scraps and then cutting them into shapes though, looks so nice.

Debbie

Jennifer @ Stitchin' Thyme said...

Love it!!!!

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Madalynne
Well you said it" Nothing into Something!"
Looks wonderful>>I am guessing it is prettier in person, with the tea dye, oh, I bet it is pretty!

Have a Happy New Year!
Teresa

A Friend said...

A fun and creative way to recycle material! Whatever you choose to make with it will turn out fabulous! A very wise and nice way to start out the New Year by turning scraps into something new! Happy New Year to you and your family Madalynne!